Monday, November 11, 2013

Confessions, Thoughts and Observations of a 30 Year Old Man - Real Life Revelations of Scotty Jacobs

This is a compilation of my own randomness. I have said this before and I don't feel like I will ever abandon this philosophy, "Nonsense makes the most sense.". Others, have their own rigid lives. Everything is planned out and that works for them. To me, that seems very boring. Like, maybe it lacks a wholesome reward, emotionally and spiritually. My goals are less tangible and more focused on the experiences in life and the way it makes us feel. My Dad describes this as being "sensitive" and he's probably right. In a past life, I was one of "The Lost Boys". Today, my lifestyle choice would probably be diagnosed as "Peter Pan Syndrome". I don't blame Toys R Us for this occurrence (Remember? "I don't wanna grow up! I'm a Toys R Us kid..."). It's simply just me being me. I did not attempt to filter my thoughts and feelings today. I stayed true to myself, there is only raw emotion and personal beliefs. So let's go deep, take a glimpse into my soul, keep an open mind and read at your own risk...

  • The thought of being skinny scares the shit out of me. My girth never limits my worth. 
  • Really muscular women do not turn me on. I also hate Jillian Michaels. She is a lunatic. When she dies, she has a room reserved next to the furnace in hell. She IS the BIGGEST "Loser". 
Ruthless Bitch.
  • Birthdays are my favorite holiday. Celebrate them always. 
Some of the best memories are made while celebrating someone great in our lives.
  • When someone uses the term "Jew 'em down", it takes all of the energy inside of me to keep myself from ripping their lips off of their face. (Ignorance is bliss, if you like being a redneck schmuck.)
  • Love is much bigger than any relationship.
  • A dog really is man's best friend.
See what I mean? Actually, this might be more than friendship.
  • All food items are acceptable at any meal. Any time of day, period.
There is no such thing as too much bacon.
  • Mexican heritage, traditions and families have the most incredible dynamics. We should take a lesson.
  • America worries about the safety and emotional well-being of its youths so much nowadays, that we will never let them grow up.
  • I am going to pull a woman's hair while doing her doggy-style. I am not sorry about this.
  • I love my Dad. He is one of the most amazing people I have ever known, yet I'm scared as fuck that I will end up just like him.
He is a handsome guy, it might not be so bad.
  • I have always been able to rely on my fists when words could not come to my rescue.
There's a southpaw in the house, keep your guard up.
  • A broken heart mends faster than shattered pride.
  • Being scandalous is not for me. In fact, it makes me feel sick to my stomach. 
  • When dogs squat to poop, they remind me of a kangaroo.
Striking resemblance!
  • Bruce Lee made more of an impact on this world in his short 32 years than most men could make in a thousand lifetimes.
There is so much more! He was truly remarkable.
  • Listen to R. Kelly, feel sexy and don't be afraid to get a little freaky from time to time.
"I don't see nothin' wroooong, with a little bit of bump 'n' griiiiiind.."
  • I hate how much "work out clothes" cost. I mean...what the fuck? They're no different than pajamas, don't pay for that shit. It's not a fashion contest. (This has to be Jillian's doing...damn it.)
  • Some people make excuses and point fingers. Others seek therapy. I smoke weed, take long walks and go fishing.
If you don't like this one, you can kiss my bass!
  • Religious recruitment is a no no. Seriously. 
  • Shaquille O'Neal is a tremendous role model. Just look at his life since he's been in the spotlight. Rick Reilly wrote about it in the year 2000 and his words still ring true.
  • The best hangover cure: Grab a shovel and keep digging a hole 'til the hangover is gone. Then, go eat a bacon cheeseburger. (You're welcome for this one.)
  • Being drunk is no excuse for: having a shitty attitude, leading someone on, being brutally honest, cheating on a lover, picking a fight or sharing careless words. When the booze wears off, be responsible for your actions.
  • Funerals make me cry. Not only from feeling a loss personally, but especially when I watch the people closest to the Departed.
I love your strength and never ending support, James. You're my brother...always.
  • One of the most amazing transformations I have ever witnessed is a man becoming a father. Something I have yet to personally experience. Truly powerful.
Super Dad Status.
  • Ignoring a woman pushes her right off the edge of sanity. 
  • Mayonnaise. That's right.
  • I have earned a fortune in friendships just by being myself. However, sometimes I am careless with this wealth. My best intentions aren't always good enough and that leaves me uneasy at times.
Nothing, but trouble.
  • Everything worth while has a cost. Financial, physical and/or emotional. Never fear the expense.
  • It makes my day to compliment a stranger. Hopefully it makes their day too.
  • Football is a sport that I love and the media is fucking that up for me.
  • True happiness can only be found within ourselves. It is not achieved by running errands and crossing things off of a checklist. Though doing so is satisfying, it really is moot in the grand scheme of life. 
  • Did I mention mayonnaise? Let me be more specific, Hellman's Mayonnaise.
Brings out the best!
  • Creative Expression. Aside from a random act of kindness, is the most admirable thing a human can do. Not only for themselves, but for those lucky enough to experience it.
It can happen anywhere, at any moment.
  • In high school, I briefly dated a young woman my senior year. She still (to this day) makes me laugh, think and feel like only a handful of people in my life can do. I am grateful for her friendship. No matter the distance I will always have her back, regardless of the circumstances.
I promise she's classier than this when I'm not around her, but not by much...
  • Heart and Soul will always have an upper hand to the Brain. To feel something is much greater than understanding it. An I.Q. is really just a number.
  • I write "Believe in Yourself" on post-it notes and stick them in places where I can't miss them.

Perfect reminder.
  • I have been provoked to the point where I have said a lot of nasty things to someone important in my life. Someone I loved very much. The next day, I felt awful. Alcohol poisoning would have been a walk in the park compared to this emotional hangover. Know yourself and don't let anyone else's actions make you forget who you are as a person.
This is EXACTLY what that feels like.
  • I love the word "fuck" in all of its possible variations.
  • The best time to awaken is just before dawn. I step outside to be in the moment when the sun is rising and the moon is setting. it is beyond euphoric. There is this genuine sense of hope and clarity. It feels like all of the world's problems could be solved in that very moment.
Good morning.
  • I like hash browns, hashish, hashing out details and corned beef hash. I hate hash-tag, it's called a fucking "number sign". Thanks for ruining it Twitter...jerks. (I know it's here to stay. I am just having a rough time embracing this one.)
  • A woman's imperfections are quite the contrary. I love when a woman is unique and different, it's sexy as hell.
  • At the same time I'll admit, I have a weakness for cinnamon skin, dark espresso hair and dangerous curves. Honestly, who doesn't?
Can I have a sip of that?
  • I love the ditch diggers, baggage handlers and burger flippers of the world. You're my kind of people.
  • There is nothing more rewarding for me than writing. I've been doing it for myself since I was a kid. Only recently, I have found myself sharing it with the world. My focus is not only to stay inspired and be entertaining, but to be inspirational. Dreams do come true. Tell me about yours and hold nothing back. I will encourage you, look for answers with you and be by your side to overcome any fears or doubts about pursuing them. I am willing to be a stepping stone on your path to reaching your own dreams. (Even though I still believe you can do it on your own.) 

My life is a work in progress. These statements are merely a reflection of my current inner-self. At any given time they are subject to change. Moses certainly did not come down from Mt. Sinai with these carved in stone (However, I have seen a burning bush once. Please remember to always put out your cigarettes.). On the surface, there is no rhyme or reason to all of these. I haven't traveled the world over, but I have visited the hearts of many individuals (my own included.). It's there that I've witnessed indescribable beauty, darkness and misdirection, a higher purpose, sincerity, compassion, addiction, empathy, hate, sadness, the battle of good and evil, will power, fight or flight, comfort, fear, gains, losses, selfishness, selflessness, content, happiness, the "light" and most importantly, love (and that's my short list.). All aspects of human capabilities and emotions derive from the heart. It is our life force. When it stops beating, the rest of our body shuts down and life as we know it expires. This is not morbid, it's simply the truth. Live life to the fullest!


OCEANS by John Butler kept me inspired while writing this post. I was absolutely speechless the first time I watched this video. It's an acoustical journey like no other. His ragged jeans, his old beat up guitar and his amazing talent are perfect. I found myself smiling while I watched and listened. Please, enjoy!

OCEANS - John Butler - 2012 Studio Version


Scotty J ~ "My elders said shine your light on the world. Shine your light for the world to see." - Mos Def



















































2 comments:

  1. Trying to comment....t'hell is Comment as?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man - Keep being you. We need more Scotty's in this World. Writing and creative expression let us access who we really are and this post is a demonstration. Peace-Brother.

    ReplyDelete